Sierra S7 Or Mark2?

Guest 2b_pablo

Guest 2b_pablo

been trying to ID my hood since I got it 7-8 months ago and thought it was a Mark2 but recently saw some pics of S7s and it looks like that.

the ID page says:

Mark 1 Sierra S7

Very similar to the previous Cortina model, except that we have now gone to Sierra components. With a large portion of the sierra front suspension used, complete with the sierra rear axle etc. Also using the sierra springs onto the rear wishbones, which can be seen to have a piece of rope through each spring to stop it coming off it's seating on full rebound)

Mark 2

The mk2 is very similar to the mk1 but if you look where the bottom radius arm attaches, on the mk2 it attaches to the RHSC frame, whereas in the mk1 it's still in the Sierra framework.

(The top wishbone on these are RH design, and need modifying by fitting a grease nipple into the pivot to regularly grease this. Further inprovements can be made by changing the sierra anti-roll bar for tue bars, and reducing the front spring strength

The pic of the S7 is kinda hard to see so does anyone have any clues as to the difference in an S7 and a mk2?

not that it really matters much but be nice to know.

cheers

Guest 2b_pablo

is the "radius arm" the main bottom suspension arm? the one that the arb goes in to? if so then mine bolts to the chassis like in the Mk2 pic but in the S7 pic there seems to be some sort of box down there its very hard to tell from that pic.

Guest Bazwaz
thats where I pasted the info from. its not clear as to which it is

On the first picture you can see the Sierra subframe sticking out (the box shaped bit).

Barry

Guest 2b_pablo

yeah I see that now, wasnt clear in the pic what that was though. it might have been some sort of cover or something.

thanks all anyway, think its sussed now :)