Anti Theft Modification/deterent

niduncan

I have a couple of electrical anti theft devices but have wanted a more physical and visible deterant.

I liked the idea of somehow locking the handbrake lever after it has been applied. After a bit of head scratching I tried drilling a hole through the handbrake lever so that a padlock can be fitted, this will stop the handbrake lever release button from being pushed in. Once the handbrake is applied the padlock is inserted and hey presto the handbrake is locked on and the padlock is nice and visable.

Seems to work well.

Guest chris brown
I have a couple of electrical anti theft devices but have wanted a more physical and visible deterant.

I liked the idea of somehow locking the handbrake lever after it has been applied. After a bit of head scratching I tried drilling a hole through the handbrake lever so that a padlock can be fitted, this will stop the handbrake lever release button from being pushed in. Once the handbrake is applied the padlock is inserted and hey presto the handbrake is locked on and the padlock is nice and visable.

Seems to work well.

Hang on while I slip back for the bolt croppers :p :yahoo:

Seriously through it looks to me to be a great idea. Anything that puts the little scrots off has got to be good.

gavinc.

The boss that you have listed on ebay,is it road legal or only for off road use.I asked this question to them a while ago but got no reply.They look great have you fitted one.How do they release.Also it looks like it will take a Karting type steering wheel.

Cheers Andy

yes i have used this type on most of the race cars i have built..

you have to weld the hex part to the original column

and then the boss slides over and clicks into position.

to release it you press in the button and pull the wheel

you can normally pick up the complete setup of boss & wheel for about £40

dont know if its road legal but cant see why not..

or there is this type that should be legal.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RaidHP-Snap-Off-Quic...1QQcmdZViewItem