Fireblade Carbs

Guest gdc

hi i have fitted the fireblade carbs and after some tinkering got it running.

prob is getting it started, the starter whirs the engine over as though there are no plugs in?

with the 45s on the starter strugled to turn it over.

i have turned the fuel pressure regulater right down and the plugs are wet when removed after an attempt to start it.

its spitting back through the carbs but also banging in the exhaust at different rev ranges.

ballance on the carbs is very close on the air inlet.

on top of the carb set and between 2 and 3 carb is a plastic pipe? does any one know what its for.

regards graham

Guest Ian & Carole

Graham

I am NO expert on bike carbs but seem to remember some one on her having a similar problem.

Once the "cold start" was wired up correctly problem was solved.

However popping through carb spinning over easier etc says the timming might be out.

Have you messed with owt else ? when fitting new carbs.

Ian J

Graham

I am NO expert on bike carbs but seem to remember some one on her having a similar problem.

Once the "cold start" was wired up correctly problem was solved.

However popping through carb spinning over easier etc says the timming might be out.

Have you messed with owt else ? when fitting new carbs.

Ian J

hi ian

nothing tinkered with on the ign unless dissy got moved when engine was out to change the g/box.but its well bolted down and looks to be as was.

the cold start or fuel enrichment when used makes it worse, it wont run at all

graham

the big fat plastic T piece, is for oil recirc, the crank case vent can go here so when theres a big vacuum it ventilates the crank case. Alternatively, you can block it off - if left open it acts as an air leak .. I found this out when I couldn't work out why mine was idling at 1600rpm!

Have you tried unscrewing the idle air screw along way to help more air:fuel go in..?

good luck

tak

Edited by Takumi

the big fat plastic T piece, is for oil recirc, the crank case vent can go here so when theres a big vacuum it ventilates the crank case. Alternatively, you can block it off - if left open it acts as an air leak .. I found this out when I couldn't work out why mine was idling at 1600rpm!

Have you tried unscrewing the idle air screw along way to help more air:fuel go in..?

good luck

tak

hi tac

thanks for the info, can you point me towards the idle screw or is that the knurled plastic adjuster on the cable?

re the vent is it ok to fill with silicon as i cant get anything on it because of the way the airfilter is fitted.

regards graham

Guest Ian & Carole

Tak beat me to it

Sounds like its in need of more air in there.

But like I say I am no expert.

(define "expert" ex = a has been

a spert = a drip under pressure), so mabye I am after all :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ian J

the idle (pilot) fuel mix screw is normally located on the underside of the carb, and just bellow the throttle plate and will have a cross cut head to it.

carb.jpg

Very similar to this ^ see the idle mix screw is bellow and just behind the throttle plates, acts like a fuel bypass for idleing so not too much fuel is drawn through the main jet. :)

had a chance today to block of the cc breather pipe.

and the thing runs starts almost immediately and when warm seems fine , havnt run it on road as yet but static seems fine.

graham

many thanks tac