Efi Manifold Connections

Guest Phil Slater

Guest Phil Slater

:( I'm looking for a bit of info from anyone with an Efi setup. I very carefully labelled all the breather/vacuam hoses, as I took them off the donor, to say they came from the inlet manifold, but.................... I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I didn't note which connectors they actually went to. I think I expected the Haynes manual would would have that information.................. dumb or what???? :wacko: When will I learn?????

Anyhow, now that I am putting all this back together, apart from the hose from the servo , I can't remember which bit goes where :blink: . There are at least the hoses from the crankcase breather valve on the side of the block and there is is the hose from the top of the fuel pressure regulator.

I'd be really grateful if someone with an EFi could enlighten me please.

TIA

Phil Slater

PS. If anyone knows where I put the lifting eye from the front of the engine I'd be eternally grateful if they could tell me. I put it somewhere safe when I took it off, somwhere I could find it easily............. but I'll be buggered if can remember where!!!!

Vacuum hoses. I believe the original fit was that the rear most one goes to the brake servo - it has a crimp sealed plastic pipe and a one way valve inline fairly close to the manifold. The one in front of it is a screw in adapter and a push on hose going to the fuel rail pressure regulator. That said they're both the same. 1/4 BSP threads going into the manifold vacuum. There's nothing special about them so swap them over as necessary, or read on for what I did ...

Have you lowered your EFi or are you using the RHE bonnet bulge? I have the bulge and I found that the vacuum fittings in the manifold foul on the edge of the bonnet bulge. The solution was to fit 1/4 BSP plugs into the holes in the manifold to seal them up, and then use the small outlet on the back of the throttle body (previously had a rubber section puished over it in the Sierra set up to seal it off). With a T piece I connected this to both the brake servo and the fuel regulator. This all runs absolutely fine on my engine and it puts the various fittings out of the way of the bonnet.

Ant

Guest Phil Slater

Thanks for that Ant

I have indeed lowered the plenum chamber. I suspected the hose from the fuel pressure regulator went to the second outlet but wasn't absolutely certain - I've had to alter it's position as a consequence of the lowering - and so the hose length doesn't give a good indication of where it should go - it could currently reach one of the lower adaptors!

Can you confirm the two short hoses coming off the T-piece from the crankcase breather do go to the two lower adapters on the manifold?

Thnaks again

Phil Slater

The crankcase breather is a small cylinderical metal valve thingie mcjig and sits in the hole in the block. On top it has two outlets which connect via very short pieces of rubber pipe to two inlets on the manifold right next to the cylinder head. The crankcase breathes into only 2 of the cylinders - the ones where the inlets are. The rubber hoses are only about 5 or 10cm max each. Again though I don't think it matters. Feed it into anywhere in the inlet manifold.

For your fuel rail pressure pipe it may be more convenient to use the previously unused outlet on the back of the throttle body - the one which I use to drive both the regulator and the brake servo. It may keep your hoses nice and neat. Just a thought.

Ant

Guest Phil Slater

Thanks again Ant ;)

I havn't got the throttle body back in place yet but will definately be considering the outlet on the back of it. My pressure regulator is positioned midway along the length of the plenum, and between it and the fuel rail, so the hose kind of loops over the top of the plenum - there could be a clearance problem with the bonnet.....when it's made up and fitted ..............so the throttle body outlet might be useful.

Cheers

Phil Slater