Selling A Car On Ebay

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

Im thinking of putting my robinhood on ebay, its currently for sale on here and pistonheads. Its only been up for a week on pistonheads, ive had enquiries but nothing concrete.

Im tempted to use ebay but dont understand the charges system, would i be best to use buy it now or put it up as a classified?

How much will it cost me to sell it on there aswell?

I dont want to accept the full amount via paypal as its so costly to use when your looking at a £5k sale

Guest lansledj
Im thinking of putting my robinhood on ebay, its currently for sale on here and pistonheads. Its only been up for a week on pistonheads, ive had enquiries but nothing concrete.

Im tempted to use ebay but dont understand the charges system, would i be best to use buy it now or put it up as a classified?

How much will it cost me to sell it on there aswell?

I dont want to accept the full amount via paypal as its so costly to use when your looking at a £5k sale

Sold mine a few weeks ago with a reserve and a buy it now price and all in all cost me £48 to sell

David

Guest STEVE OXON

sold mine on pistonheads.lots of enquiries.one sensible buyer in the end,but it took a few weeks to go.

AND you dont pay for the service.

steve

Guest tom2b

Ive settled on a classified listing on ebay, £13 for 28 days, still on pistonheads.

Im sure it wont take long to sell, im probably being impatient!

Guest salty_monk

Just take a deposit by Paypal & ask for the rest in cash when they pick-up.... last time I sold a car at auction on there it cost about £15. No reserve or BIN though, that all adds to the price.

Dan :)

I've sold 2 cars on ebay in the past year. Worked well for me - on one we did a deal where the money was transferred electronically before collection and the other the guy paid in cash on collection. Both cost about £40 and £60 respectively.

I know this won't necessarily work with Hoods but I was impressed with the prices I got....on the Vectra we were offered £1300 trade in and got £2505 on ebay, on the beemer I was offered £8600 trade in and got £12000 on ebay. Both were cheaper than dealers and the buyers were really pleased.

Both were genuine cars that we had ran for at least 4 years and I made an extra special effort to take lots of photos and describe every last aspect of their condition and history in a lot of detail. This gives buyers confidence. I also scanned in service histories etc etc and it seemed to pay off.

Its a good selling method and lots of people go there for cars now.

Good luck

Andy

Guest tom2b

I have had a man ring me from australia after seeing the car on pistonheads.

He sounded genuine and said that hes coming on holiday to norfolk in 6 weeks time to buy a kitcar and asked if i would take a deposit to hold the car.

I declined as have got someone trying to arrange a viewing for this weekend, also i really just want to sell the car outright asap.

I dont want to rule this man out but at the same time im naturally suspicious of overseas purchasers, am i being too cautious?

Guest Alasdair
am i being too cautious?

Possibly. There is a scam where they send you too much for the deposit (by bank transfer) and ask you to refund the difference, the depost then disapears before it is cleared. If you hang on to wait for the depost to clear they get more and more desperate pressuring you into making the refund. That's what I heard anyway...