Maesdavid

Guest maesdavid

Guest maesdavid

hey ya my name is dave maes from killarney ireland i possess a robin hood exmo 2.1lt pinto going really well but my club and i were out on a run yesterday were spending a week down in rosscarberry co cork ireland there is mighty fun ere but unfortunatly i broke a clutch cable im just wondering if a left hand drive clutch cable will fit a right hand cable pls help im also looking to paint my robin hood its red at the moment but a bit crappy i was hoping to paint it blue with white stripes going up the middle of the bonnet then i was hoping to up grade the brakes to ventilated discs all round and hopefully get a tonneau cover for it please get back to me im willing to chat please im new to the game B) B)

Guest timswait

Don't see why a left hand drive one shouldn't work. Best best is to take your old cable into the motor factors and try and find one with the same end fittings (or at least end fittings which are similar enough to work) and as long or longer than the old one. Also look at why it broke, it tends to be excessive heat from routing too close to the exhaust, so try and route the new one further away if possible. Also you might want to try getting a longer one to see if this helps. A lot of people use Transit or Cosworth Sierra cables as they are longer than the standard Sierra one, don't know any part numbers off hand, but I'm sure someone will.

Welcome to the forum.

P.S. Try and put topics in the right sections, ie this one should really be in Mechanics not Chit Chat, it helps people answer your questions.