Is This A Mad Idea?

Guest daveg

All

While driving to work this morning, (very boring) I was thinking about how difficult it would be to convert the rear of a 2b and put a 2.5litre Mondeo engine in :huh:

I think it would look pretty mad :D

Dave

Blimey Dave,

Did you not read some of the posts that Bill and Joey got recently :wacko: , and all they were doing was putting the battery in the back!!. Cat among Pigeons, duck, hide etc. :ph34r:

Guest Battery Bill

Dave

You are really taking the p!&$ now :lol:

Mind you why dont you go for it it would be a good thread, would run and run :lol:

Edited by mickmellors

Bill

I haven't even finished the standard build yet :huh: but I am thinking of a crazy idea for my next project! I might get a part-built via ebay as they are so cheap and try something crazy!

I think the whole car would be lengthened by at least 18" but the front would have to stay standard so the car retained much of the characteristics of the 2b

Imagine Richards face if I ever built one and turned up at a show :lol:

The more I think about it the more I want to do it :( or :)

Mat, I drove a Capri so hard the front suspension broke :unsure: (and it wasn't my car, but I did fix it for the owner...but boy did it spin! about 720 degrees)

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

Dave

Buy two cheep 2B's off ebay and weld them together (Facing different ways) then you would have a rear bonnet space and a front boot and plenty of room for the battery in the middle :lol:

A mid engined 2B? yes it could be done you could even put the battery in the front!

Mind you, I was thinking of making an electric one :rolleyes: no seriously I was :o .

With regards to the push-me-pull-you car that Joe is sitting in, does the exhaust from one feed into the inlet of the other? Very eco-friendly.

When I picked up my 2B ( a few years ago now) The topic of conversation was on what power source was to be used.

1.6 :mellow: 1.8 :mellow: 2.0 :D Electric :o yes this chap had worked it all out he needed to put some batteries in the back and some in the front.

I beleive he was still going to use sierra hubs and brakes.

I often wonder if he finished his project.

Piddy