Fitting The Iron Angle

Guest drago

Guest drago

Hi, coming to fit the angle and the dvd doesn't seem to cover this very well

I've got two pieces of iron angle, short 2" angle and a long length of 1" angle.

Does the 2" go across the rear axle carrier near the mounting rubber (red line) and the 1" across the picking up on the rear handbrake hole (green line)?

What the best way of securing the Angle to the chassis (do I drill and bolt throught the tube on the handbrake angle) and does it matter which way the angle is facing?

Thanks in advance

Drago

post-2844-1214074546_thumb.jpg

Guest mastarforth

I bolted the 1" angle through teh chassis rails after making welding asection onto it to go underneith the hand brake holes. This is used to mount the front of the seats.

the 2" angle was wleded to themetal around the rubber bushes of the suspension. this is used to mount the seat belt carrirs nd rear seat mountings.

hope this helps

Guest chris brown
I would fit it as you fit the floor.

Then as you build you can getinside teh car and all is secure.

Andrew

The only problem I can see with fitting it when you fit the floor is you will have to make sure the seat mounts will mate up with it.

Guest mastarforth

I forgot about that chris, I had the seats very early on so I must have measured it.

I still think it would be easier to make this now especially if you have the car on its side so you can get in the the chassis to drill etc. more easily