Security

Guest Simon M

Guest Simon M

I'm considering fitting some form of anti-theft device & was wondering what others have done.

I'm thinking along the lines of a "bar" that covers the steering wheel, something like what Halfords sell for about £30.

Any suggestions

Cheers Simon

i have just bought and fited a f1 style removeable stearing wheel the boss for this was about 70 pound

it also has the advantage of inproving access getting in and out of the car :D

Guest mike1602

when we went to the show at exeter we found a good security system so we can shut off all the power to the car it is called the

battery isolation switch so u can cut off all the pwere so noone is going anywere without any power!! :D

Guest MikeD318

When I get to the stage that I have to worry that someone could drive off in the Hood, I think I'm going to run the ignition through a line of toggle switches that have to be in the right combination (up or down) for the car to start and also have a final hidden switch, probably also have a steering lock bar thingy too.

Paul,

It may vary between insurance providers, but you could find an electronic immobilisor or alarm needs to be installed by an authorised fitter in order to qualify for any insurance discount.

On a similar theme to the battery cut off switch, I have an in-line fuel cut off switch that I might get round to discreetly fitting somewhere one day.

Guest 2BBoulton

How likely is it that a hood will get nicked?

There is not enough room for more than 2 low lifes leaving the rest of the pond to walk. Also the boys in blue wont have too much trouble in spotting the car if it does get TWOC'ed as Hoods (and cars that look the similar) aren't seen every day. All the copper has to do is pull any cars matching the description in the area (granted this might not work when the Stonleigh show is on!).

Does anyone have a figure for the amoung ot kit cars that are stollen?

"Keeping them peeled"

Bruce

I have a Snap Off removeable steering wheel kit fitted to my series III. Bought at Stoneleigh this year, £65 for the kit and £30 for a sierra boss - see www.snap-off.com. Had to make an adaptor ring to fit the RH 11" traditional wheel. Good for security and also makes life easier getting in and out of the car as I am 6ft 3in.

Also have a hidden switch in the ignition circuit and also one in the starter motor circuit.

Nigel.

I bought my everyday car with a CAT1 immobiliser fitted but it had no docs. The insurance company would not recognise it.

I went down my local car electronics place who charged me £30 to test it and verify it was CAT1. Then issued me with a certificate which I photocopied and sent to the insurance comp.

Check out the wireless immobiliser on this link

Cliffird Accesories

And the proximity sensors on this link

Clifford Accesories

Guest Battery Bill

Joey and I wanted to fit an electic blipper to switch on/off the ignition instead of a key, I phoned the sva folk in Nottingham and he said that would not be sufficient as you would need a key! (Lucky the new Mercs dont need sva then) so that looks like another post sva job. :rolleyes:

2Bboulton

Does anyone have a figure for the amoung ot kit cars that are stollen?

I cant believe that anyone would build a kit car out of bread! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not very many. I have heard of a couple.

Heard a story a while back about some thieves breaking into someones garage and having a go at nicking a RH. I think it had a battery cut off so they couldn't get it started but they did make a right mess of his wiring!

Andy