Superspec Clutch

Redspec

HI,

Just got back from a nice quiet run up the Wear Valley, After about 50 mile (10 from Home) went to change gear for a round about, Clutch pedel felt normal but I could hear a grateing / squeaking sound and I could not get any gears.

Pulled into a bus stop to see what was going on, Pushed clutch in could not get any gears, checked the fork arm on the gear box for movement when pedel was pressed - full movement,

Switched off engine and started engine in gear (could get all gears with engine off) pulled away every thing back to normal?

Few mile later went to change gear, noise was back and could not select gear. tried a few more times and it went into second after this drove ok all the way home.

Any idea's

Superspec Rover 2.0, T series, MT 75 Gear box, Cable Clutch. (380 mile on the clock)

Thanks

Steve

Guest chris brown

How did you modify the release bearing to get it to work in the first place or was this one of the cars which Richard sold as a rolling chassis with the engine and box fitted? If so then I suspect the Robin Hood bodge is giving up and the only answer is to lift the engine out and make a better method of mounting the release bearing.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I bought the car complete and yes it is one of the cars that came complete with engine and gearbox complete.

oh the joy's of the robin hood I should have known better than thinking I would get to Do a few finishing jobs before I take on the major ones.

I read a few posts about converting to a hydraulic clutch but these seem to be retro fit with the box left in. Has any one converted to a full blown hydraulic clutch with hydraulic thrust bearing? I THINK these were fitted to the Scorpio? but please feel free to correct me.

If I'm going to pull the engine and box out I may as well do the job right!!!

Thanks

Steve