Pinto Engine

Guest littleg

Guest chris brown
Hi all,

I would like to get a manual on the Pinto engine. Can anyone suggest a good manual?

Cheers G

You need the Haynes manual for the Sierra as that covers virtually all of the working parts of the car. If you want one on tuning the pinto then there are at least 2 on line

Guest littleg

Hi,

The reason why i wanted a manual was i seem to have a little smoking problem. When using a heavy right foot i seem to produce an oily smoke coming from the inlet side (not to bad for me as i drive but the wife gave up smoking 4 years ago).

I know oil shouldn't be there and i guess i have either a inlet valve stem problem (fingers crossed its not) or i believe there is a valve next to the n/s engine mount which has a hose going to the inlet. I did check the hose and there was alittle oil in that hose.

Where would be best to get a new valve? and have i missed anything else it could be?

In advance all help appreciated.

G

Guest littleg

Thanks. ;)

Should i change the oil separator that fits into as well?

I was trying to find a way to diagonse the problem last night. What if i blocked the hole in the inlet and placed a filter on the end of the hose that the comes from the PCV valve?

This way its still vents but not into the inlet system. If it stops smoking result if not time to take the head off :huh:

What do you think?

G

I have blanked my inlet manifold and taken my PCV out , then piped straight to an oil catch tank with a filter on the tank , you do get some smoke/mist from the filter but as yet hardly any oil in the catch tank , well none showing on the sight level pipe .

Mike

Guest littleg

Hi,

Today i blanked the inlet. I placed a filter on the pipe from the PCV. Went for a drive and i seemed to produce a bit more smoke but from the Oil filer cap. :(

Then i put back to normal went for a 2 hour drive and hardly had any smoke. :yahoo:

I'm now more confused than before. :blink:

I will keep you posted. Thanks to all for advice. :good:

G

Edited by littleg

Guest chris brown
i seemed to produce a bit more smoke but from the Oil filer cap
you would do as the PCV relys on negitive pressure (vaccuum) from the manifold to open and regardless of how much pressure there is in the crank case it will stay shut so the only other way for pressure to escape is via the filler cap.

The other way round it is to remove the valve (stick a screwdriver through it) and as Mike says pipe it into a catch tank, There has been some good ideas for catch tanks on here so do a search.

Guest chris brown
i have a pdf of the haynes manual for the pinto engine

but i cant upload it as its to big

any ideas...

If you want to send it to someone get there Email address and use that rather than trying to PM it