Passed Australian Sva

Guest ausi dave

Guest ausi dave
:D At long last, after jumping through lots of hoops and red tape I have finally built and got my IIIA passed all the Australian ICV (Individualy constructed vehicle) compliance requirements, it's now legal and on the road, probably one of the longest builds on record (bought the kit July 1997) and may be the only LPG fueld robin hood on the road. Rego plates 'RH IIIA' birthday pressy from the Boss.

Guest Nigel Novice

Congrats, bet your fair dinkum now m8y, have fun in your new wheels, I can only dream of SVA so far :D

Oh and say hello to my old work mate Neil, he's not far away over there in Perth will ya :rolleyes:

Guest ausi dave
Congrats, bet your fair dinkum now m8y, have fun in your new wheels, I can only dream of SVA so far :D

Oh and say hello to my old work mate Neil, he's not far away over there in Perth will ya :rolleyes:

A bit too far for a drive in the Hoody. :D

Hi Dave,

I'm working in Melbourne at the mo. (And MotoGP is on at Phillip Island this weekend- there's a coincidence!!) Pity you are so far away, it would have been interesting to have had a look. Hope you enjoy the new car! What did you do for donor parts, I haven't seen many Sierras round here. And why did you go for LPG when petrol is so cheap! Brian

:D

congratulations Dave, good on ya :good:

any chance of a pic?, it's been a while since most of us have seen a hood in the sunshine :(

dare say, you'll probably get more of a chance to get out in good weather

lpg?? how's that working out with a monstrous aussie V8 ;)

what is it they say from the V8 ute series? " i wasn't built for comfort, i was built for speed" ;)

enjoy

cheers

ek B)

Guest erichetherington

Well AusiDave well done! I bought a 111A at the same time, I think because if I'm right we were talking to each other whilst queing. Weren't you emigrating a few weeks later and taking the kit with you?

Mine's still not finished but getting close.

Well done go and enjoy :D :D

Guest ausi dave

Sorry for the delay in my replies but I don’t have a computer and have to use the one in work and the time diff doesn’t help either. As for donor parts I brought all those with me from UK, and the LPG was to avoid the emissions requirements (don’t even need a cat) so I was able to use the 2Lt Pinto (a 1977 Cortina I picked up out here), sorry no V8…… yet.

Eric I do remember talking to you at the pick up, and yes it was only a couple of weeks before I moved out here, I must say I wasn’t in the bosses good books for some time. Hope to get some pics posted soon.

Guest feralsprint

Well done dave that now makes it 2 Hoods on the road in Aust, your 111A and our 2B and only about 1000ks between us :D now we can start our own local group but meetings are to be a bugga

Jon