Where Did This Outlet Connect?

Guest daveg

Guest Tdci_Boy

Just Blanking it off will be fine, cortinas had it blanked off & worked fine, have you check the stat in boiling water to see if it opens at the right temprature.

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I have that pipe blocked of ------- also I fitted a digital temp gauge that told me the engine was only reaching 60 - 70 degrees.

it wasnt the thermostat that was gone ( I did replace it though ) it was the rubber ring that the stat sits in, it was letting the water past the stat before it got to correct temparature.

As a matter of fact the Sierra temp gauge was showing norm before the new stat and after ! the digital gauge now runs between 80 and 84 degrees and I reckon I am getting nearly another 8 mpg ! ( efi engine )

Steve

Guest THE COACH DRIVER
I have that pipe blocked of ------- also I fitted a digital temp gauge that told me the engine was only reaching 60 - 70 degrees.

it wasnt the thermostat that was gone ( I did replace it though ) it was the rubber ring that the stat sits in, it was letting the water past the stat before it got to correct temparature.

As a matter of fact the Sierra temp gauge was showing norm before the new stat and after ! the digital gauge now runs between 80 and 84 degrees and I reckon I am getting nearly another 8 mpg ! ( efi engine )

Steve

On my 1993 sierra there was just a rubber bung which i used to bleed the water system

Mick

Two types of thermostat housing fitted to the Pinto

Early type fitted to the Cortina has a longer top hose outlet with no side outlet.

Later type fitted to the Sierra has a sort top hose outlet with side outlet to header tank (if fitted) or it was just blanked off

post-936-1223236222_thumb.jpg

post-936-1223236344_thumb.jpg