2b For Sale

ibrooks

Well guys - after much soul-searching I've decided to face the fact that a Seven style kit isn't for me so the 2B is up for sale.

It's one of the first batch of 2B's and went through it's SVA test and registration process in 2004. It's covered very few miles since the test.

The downside is that it has been stored in a less than waterproof garage for some years and the paintwork has suffered in a big way - it will need a respray. It's a mild-steel kit.

It went through the test without a windscreen and with the 1.6 Pinto from the donor vehicle. I've since fitted the screen and weather gear but the screen hasn't been sealed to the body in any way (just bolted on). There is a Mini wiper system fitted and working. The doors are hinged but I haven't sorted anything to hold them closed yet.

I've also fitted the 2.1 Pinto that was in my daily driver Sierra at the time of the SVA (this was done almost immediately after the test so this engine has covered more miles in the 2B than the 1.6 did). The engine is a Burton 2.1 block with a ported injection head and big valves, it has a Kent FR34 cam fitted as it was originally running on fuel injection (this cam has a larger lift than the FR30/32 and from memory is 287 degrees in duration - I've beaten other cars off the line whilst towing another vehicle when it was in the Sierra).

Interior wise it has Corbeau reclining seats and a set of Smiths Telemetrix gauges.

About 12 months ago I freed the rear brakes off and brought it back to my workshop and have been slowly getting it towards MOT state. As far as I'm aware it just needs windscreen washers sorting and it will be ready for the MOT.

Image069.jpg

This is it straight out of storage.

I've run out of enthusiasm and have other cars that I want the time and space for so I'll take £2500 for it as it currently stands but I've got a week booked off at the beginning of November - if it's still around then I'm planning to have it through the MOT and the price will then be £3000 simply because I'll have had to spend money to insure it and the test fee.

It would be a good starting point for someone who wants a Hood but doesn't fancy the whole rigmarole of getting it through SVA. It's by no means "finished" so there are things to do where you can put your own mark on it and complete it to your specification but whilst doing this you can quite easily have it on the road and keep the enthusiasm levels up by going for a blast once you've finished each job.

I have access to a trailer so I can arrange delivery within reasonable distance.

PM me for more info or to arrange to come and have a look at it.

Iain