Zero Build Help

Guest ticeysoft

Guest ticeysoft

Hi guys... i had some bad news about the diff i got. the two through bolts i had before have gone missing..OOPS :(

can i use bolts and nyloc nuts ( or is that a bad idea?) or does any one have any spare through bolts for the diff going that they want to sell?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

When I got my zero I was supplied with two long bolts with nyloc's, get the bottom one in first.

You might have to (will) elongate the holes and use/make spacers at the diff mounting plate.

A good tip (I found) use the long bolt from the lower rear suspension to "pull in" the long metal bush that holds the clutch and brake pedals, plenty of washers,spacers,and spray grease.

Regards

John

Hi Tim,

You definitely get two long through bolts for the diff with the kit, I only had to re-use the two front bolts from the sierra.

The through bolts from the sierra were too short as the diff brackets are spaced to accommodate the larger ford diff (which I dont have) so spacers are required when fitting the smaller diff.

If you have lost the bolts that came with the kit have a word with Richard at GBS I'm sure he'd sort out some replacements for not a lot of cash.

Andrew

Guest ticeysoft

cheers guys, that make things a whole lot easier knowing i get the bolts in the new kit..

and thanks for the tips on the fitting of the diff i have the smaller diff also so i might nee the spacers... ill just have to see..

thanks again ill keep you posted on how i get on!!

Guest Geordiebarry
cheers guys, that make things a whole lot easier knowing i get the bolts in the new kit..

and thanks for the tips on the fitting of the diff i have the smaller diff also so i might nee the spacers... ill just have to see..

thanks again ill keep you posted on how i get on!!

Will the Zero take the larger 7.5 inch diff aswell?

Just I am in the process of sourcing an LSD.

Cheers

Barry