Cracking Weather

Guest SEgan

Guest jhfozzy
Display your tax disc

Display a tax disc on the passenger side (kerb side) of the vehicle’s windscreen. If there’s no windscreen or you have a motorcycle or sidecar, display the tax disc on the kerb side of the vehicle.

Taken from HERE

Know you'd get spotted for that no plate bro, lol.

Guest fozzy2007
Actually you're right ... it IS an offence not to display the tax disc, and technically it must be on the windscreen on the nearside. That said I do not affix mine to the screen as it significantly reduces my field of view to the nearside and could potentially obscure your view of, for example, a child on the pavement. I have mine firmly bolted to the upper dash chassis rail, as near to the nearside screen as poss. The law still tolerates a certain amount of discretion and I do not believe that any magistrate would see this as unreasonable. Failure to DISPLAY is a non-endorseable (£3o ticket) offence. Not having a tax disc is endorseable and will cost you points.

These days your excise licence is more likely to be checked through an ANPR camera; you will pass through undisturbed provided there is a licence in force for that vehicle on that day, regardless of where you are displaying it (or not).

As for the number plate you're probably right in that many officers wouldn't be aware of more obscure elements of construction and use regulations. I can guarantee though that the traffic bods would have you. Off the top of my head I believe that registration in April 1972 would have been the last date when you could have legitimately displayed a black and silver plate. Might be wrong on that but it is definately 1971 or 1972. Might cost you a £30 ticket.

Thank you. i love your answers as they leave no doubt. As for the number plates, i like em so they can stay for the time being. If im pulled, I will apologise profusely, promise to change em and hope the water then cools down. As far as i can tell, it cant be as bad as having the wrong size letters that cant be read or moving letters about to try and make a word and i have seen some of these around in swansea that have not changed for years. (I know thats not a get out clause so i wouldnot try to use it). If i drive away from home i guess ill just take a set of normal plates just in case.

Thanks.

Fozzy

P.S. Got some lovely vids of donuts in the snow but i dont fancy another section 59 debate of you so will keep em to myself i thinks. LOL :o :D :rolleyes:

Guest jhfozzy
P.S. Got some lovely vids of donuts in the snow but i dont fancy another section 59 debate of you so will keep em to myself i thinks. LOL :o :D :rolleyes:

I'm definately posting them now!!!!!

Just ripping them off the video camera as I type.

Guest Tim Norman

Just got back in from the Notts meet. Suprisingly there was only me in a Hood. Air temp just above freezing but my cockpit was nudging 10 degrees. No roof or sidescreens though. Only managed sideways when I pulled away from the lights in 2nd. sounded bloody lovely. ;)

Guest chris brown
Just got back in from the Notts meet. Suprisingly there was only me in a Hood. Air temp just above freezing but my cockpit was nudging 10 degrees. No roof or sidescreens though. Only managed sideways when I pulled away from the lights in 2nd. sounded bloody lovely. ;)

We did better at the Herts meet we had a good turnout for Jan

post-746-1231111497_thumb.jpg