Windscreen Parts

Guest wigman_99

Guest wigman_99

I replaced my 2b screen at the end of last year, and intended to reuse the original alu section surround, the T rubber. In the light of 2009 and a bit of thought I now want to replace the furniture which appears to be pretty ropey.

Any suggestions where I can by it ready formed without buying the actual glass as well. Also what sealant should I use to reset the glass?

I notice these guys do it ready built which is not really much use to me...

http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/page24.htm

Thanks all.

Ed :D

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Ed

My first attempt at my screen resulted in me trashing the surround and GBS did supply me with just the ali. surround no probs.

A quick tip instead of using the little selftapping screws I set some 3mm dome head bolts inside the surround and then bolted up through the screen support with some dome head nuts.

Passed SVA without question and much stronger than little self tappers that could come undone.

DSC00906.jpg

You can just see the three dome nuts in the pic.

HTHs

Guest wigman_99
Hi Ed

My first attempt at my screen resultedin me trashing the surround and GBS did supply me with just the ali. surround no probs.

A quick tip instead of using the little selftapping screws I set some 3mm dome head bolts inside the surround and then bolted up through the screen support with some dome head nuts.

Passed SVA without question and much stronger than little self tappers that could come undone.

DSC00906.jpg

You can just see the three dome nuts in the pic.

HTHs

Thanks, looks pretty neat actually. Just phoned GBS and ordered the bits.