Cooling System

Guest Toddy

I am trying to replace the cooling hoses on my hood as the previous owner thought i would be good to use flexible hoses. Does anybody know if there is a specific set of hoses you can purchase for the 1.6 pinto. I am not to sure exactly which model mine is as i have not owned it very long, the car is of box section build and has inter nal shocks. If anybody knows anything can you please enlighten me. MANY THANKS!!!! :D

Cheers for that Big Jim, the rad was not mounted straight but i have rectified that. Are these items that RH keep in stock, as i was going to go down the line of marlin motor sports with sections of samco hoses but i want as fewer joins as possible. ;)

Guest trevor hooley

I used samco hoses, total cost £30 from RSM motorsport at Morecambe, I ended up with two joins, one each side of the inline thermostat i fitted to control the electric fan. Easier to work with than rubber and looks better to.

karl

The hoses that I've sent you to, are the Cortina ones, which you can get from your friendly local motorfactors, (they may have to order them)

But the bottom one is no good to you if the radiator isn't straight up in it's 'normal' place, unless you piece it.