Oil Filter Part Number

Guest Jan

Does anyone know a part number for the oil filter on the Super Spec with the Rover T Series 2 Ltr engine. Once I have a manufacturer and part number I can cross ref it. Ta very much in advance. Jan

Does anyone know a part number for the oil filter on the Super Spec with the Rover T Series 2 Ltr engine. Once I have a manufacturer and part number I can cross ref it. Ta very much in advance. Jan

Hi Jan

I used Hengst H90W29 From Euro car parts Its a Short filter so no problems with it being the lowest part.

HTH

Steve

• 5 months later...
Guest nevans
just found this it may help

http://www.mannol.de/Catalogue/Filter_SCT/14703.html

Steve

Hi,

can you help I have ordered the filter on the number you have given looking at the catologue the filters overall length is only

approx 100mmm is this correct. The filter they have sent is a cross referenced mann filter which is about the same size as the

rover GFE 280 filter I have just removed

cheers Nigel

• 9 months later...
Guest bill brown

hi steve,

thanks for advice,i will be putting anew clutch in why ford dohc?ihave oil down cable.i will be putting new cable on .were can i reroute?can i anchor cable else were rather than conventinal place?found your old posts [oil filters...sorry to ask all thesequestions mate..i run alandscaping firm..mechanics is out of my scope...

thanks for all your help...billy.

Hi Billy

I used a Ford DOHC clutch because that is what I had in the workshop to measure off at the time, it is 20mm deeper than the rover cover plate, and was designed to be used with a cable so I knew it would not be to heavy and require hydraulics.

You will need to get the flywheel re-drilled to suit it though

As for your questions on the cable it's a kit car you can run the cable any where that it will fit, mine runs round the front of the engine between the alternator and the block and under the manifold (this section well insulated)

I am putting together some info of how I modded my clutch if you want a copy PM me your e-mail and I will send you a copy when it is done.

HTH

Steve