Zero Wiring Loom

Guest lucavigg

Guest lucavigg

Has anyone here received the wiring loom from GBS for their Zero, or did you take a loom out of a donor. I think GBS are having problems making them at the moment.

Luca

Guest David Walton
Has anyone here received the wiring loom from GBS for their Zero, or did you take a loom out of a donor. I think GBS are having problems making them at the moment.

Luca

Yes Had a loom from GBS in the last 6 months. Its seems to be OK. Just fitted it to my Super Spec. Instructions lack details.

Not a bad made loom.

Almost wired up.

David Walton.

Been doing a zero and used the wiring that came with it.

I think GBS could have actually labelled the wiring.

It's not bad but I thought it was aimed toward a pinto engine due to some wiring having to be extended etc when I linked it to the zetec.

I would suggest you label it fully prior to putting it in the kit and test each part with a bulb.

I did have a few little problems with the relays, but a good 2hr thought session solved that.

I have slightly different setup though as I only wanted to use one stalk (indicator) so had to wire in light switches and hazzard switch

Ian

Guest lucavigg
Been doing a zero and used the wiring that came with it.

I think GBS could have actually labelled the wiring.

It's not bad but I thought it was aimed toward a pinto engine due to some wiring having to be extended etc when I linked it to the zetec.

I would suggest you label it fully prior to putting it in the kit and test each part with a bulb.

I did have a few little problems with the relays, but a good 2hr thought session solved that.

I have slightly different setup though as I only wanted to use one stalk (indicator) so had to wire in light switches and hazzard switch

Ian

I wish I had the problems you have had as I have been waiting for my loom for two months. Still, got a 1.8 Sierra to dismantle for the gearbox and bellhousing now, so that will be occupying my time for a while.

Luca

Guest mac801123
I wish I had the problems you have had as I have been waiting for my loom for two months. Still, got a 1.8 Sierra to dismantle for the gearbox and bellhousing now, so that will be occupying my time for a while.

Luca

Hi Luca :hi:

I got a Zero with GBS loom, unlabled, the only problems I had was the relays and I made a link between 2 pins as instructed by them and fried my indicator stalk.

Pin 49 to 53C.

Hope you get on well Mike :good: