Superspec Toe-in

Guest jwts

Hi,

I’m setting up the steering on my SuperSpec. I believe a small amount of toe-in helps with the self-centring. How much is required? Is it possible to specify this in a way that is easy to measure, eg, the difference between the width between the leading edges and the rear edges of the tyres?

Regards,

John (jwts)

Guest Nigel Novice

Toe in aids straight line stability and is an attempt to over come the play in suspension components and the desire for the wheels to twist over centre due to the castor angle, castor angle is the one for self centring, like forks on a push bike

I small amount of toe out helps with self centring, but after the test change to a couple of mm toe-in.

Sean

Sean,

Thanks,

I'll give it a tiny bit of toe out then :).

Regards,

John (jwts).

Guest SEgan
I’m getting confused I thought slight “toe in” helped with self centering?

This was one of my fail points at SVA despite having 35psi in the fronts.

Can someone clarify?

Andy

The correct amount of caster is what is required for self centring but if the SuperSpec is like the 2B then this is fixed with the wishbone geometry. At my SVA my tester said when cars struggled to pass the self centre, it was often solved by setting a small amount of toe out on the tracking.

Driving a car with a little amount of toe-out will make car a little ‘wander some’ and therefore for everyday driving it is best to set a small amount of toe-in.

Sean