Sub-k Build

Guest adz

Hi all, new member:

I've just acquired what I think is a Sub-K chassis and some panels and other bits and bobs - appears to be mild steel as there's a coating of rust all over both panels and chassis. :shok: I've also picked up a donor 1.8 sapphire.

Where can I find a build manual or anything to start this project. Are there any videos on the web to download? Anything at all would be helpful. Would the topics for the 2b and other models apply equally to this model, I guess it's all pretty common, just different mounting points really I suppose.

Any docs or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance. ;)

Hello and welcome.

The Sub K is basically the same as the 2B/04. There are a number of sites you can visit, go to the links page above and have a look. Colin Ushers site is really good link

Someone will no doubt have the video's available for you to borrow ( I need mine, I'm still building).

My donor was also a 1.8 Sapphire with a CVH engine, but I ditched the CVH for a Pinto as that's what the chassis is designed for. Once you've stripped the donor, the first job is to tidy up all the welds and get rid of any splatter on the chassis, then get it painted. I would advise that you turn the chassis upside down and fit the floor, as it is a lot easier to fit the strengthening angles and the rear suspension subframe.

Keep asking questions, all the knowledge you need is available within the club. Join the club for £15 and put your location into your profile, there's always someone nearby who will offer their advice and help.

HTH

Nige