Stainless 4 Branch On My 2b

Guest fzr1000dave

Guest fzr1000dave

i just brought the stainless 4 branch and silencer for my 2b from rh its surpossed to fit straight on but when i fitted it its touching the tube at the front end so i put some spacers under the engine mounts and that seems to have worked buy now its touching the servo it just seems to be getting worse can any one help please

its surpossed to fit straight on

Its a Hood, so nothing does. :D

Dont despair, the clearance has always been tight.

Look at adjusting the steering column to getr more clearance that side.

Fitting a shorter fan belt to pull the alternator closer to the engine, or re-doing the mounting bracket.

Heat insulation round the exhaust and/or the servo is also possible.

BTW which tube is it touching?

Some pics would help.

Bob

Guest Dan_Beeston

Mine never touched chassis tubes, but I did have to move the alternator and the heat-wrap has gradually worn away where the exhaust rubs on the servo!

Never seemed to affect the braking though! :p

Guest fzr1000dave
Its a Hood, so nothing does. :D

Dont despair, the clearance has always been tight.

Look at adjusting the steering column to getr more clearance that side.

Fitting a shorter fan belt to pull the alternator closer to the engine, or re-doing the mounting bracket.

Heat insulation round the exhaust and/or the servo is also possible.

BTW which tube is it touching?

Some pics would help.

Bob

Guest fzr1000dave
i just brought the stainless 4 branch and silencer for my 2b from rh its surpossed to fit straight on but when i fitted it its touching the tube at the front end so i put some spacers under the engine mounts and that seems to have worked buy now its touching the servo it just seems to be getting worse can any one help please

hi bob its one off the new manifolds that hang over the side of the car you have to cut the bonnet for it to fit like the zero.

dave

GBS sent me one of the new ones in error. I gave up on it due to alignment issues with the servo and ended up sending it back for the old style. ( still had issues with that one -had to 'adjust' stuff under the bonnet ). I did consider 1) going servo-less 2) remote servo

Guest Takumi

when we fitted ours, is was very tight to get in, we removed the steering column, and took the head off .. and it was still awkward around the servo..

I think nothing it touching, but I had to re-route the steering coloumn and put in an extra joint and bracket.. night mare...

good luck..