Final Dyno Result

speedtripledan

Just finished my bike carb upgrade to my 2.0L pinto. started with just carbs but ended being carbs vernier pulley and bestek electronic ignition.

Had the carbs set up on the dyno using the standard EFI dizzy and got 108bhp at the wheels,

i went back to the dyno today after fitting the new bestek ignition system and got exactly the same power 108bhp but the torque and driverbilty improved no end i.e it will pull 5th @ 30mph no probs loads of bottom end.

anyone thinking of bike carbs go for it its transformed my car. just get them set up by a pro

Dan

Guest SEgan

Nice result! :D

Being nosey and looking for tips what are your final figures and settings?

Jet sizes, advance (idle and full), camshaft degrees of advance/retard, air holes opened up/or blocked? what filters are you using?

How many hours of rolling road time needed to set-up?

Thanks in advance

Sean

Nice result! :D

Being nosey and looking for tips what are your final figures and settings?

Jet sizes, advance (idle and full), camshaft degrees of advance/retard, air holes opened up/or blocked? what filters are you using?

How many hours of rolling road time needed to set-up?

Thanks in advance

Sean

1.3mm mains and blanked off air connectors standard idles 4deg retard on cam pulley, 12degree at idle 35degree fully advanced on dizzy (Bestek) standard cannot do this. and a pipercross air filter 2psi fuel pressure with filter king adjustable regulator and facet silvertop pump. when bulk of work was done on dyno it was there about 4hrs but that included welding a lamba ring to the exhaust so he could connect his gas analyzer properly £160 2nd run was an hr just £40 but the settings were spot on

Dan