Morpeth Show - 14th June 2009

Guest red7

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sritony

I suggested the service station see the post above, which is just off the A1 and is quite big, and not too much further up from cramlington but quiter and easy to get to.... but then there is the service station at holiday inn roundabout just off A1 heading to Cramlington, or there is a layby on a1 but thats hard to fit 5 cars in if any trucks there.

And parade wise good question was going to ask you that!

Guest red7

Tony,

Entry number for Morpeth dropped through the letterbox this morning, I'm No. 126. Note says Go direct to High Stanners Procession fully booked. What a bummer. Call you Saturday evening to discuss after the BBC weather forcast.

Steve

Guest sritony
Tony,

Entry number for Morpeth dropped through the letterbox this morning, I'm No. 126. Note says Go direct to High Stanners Procession fully booked. What a bummer. Call you Saturday evening to discuss after the BBC weather forcast.

Steve

Yes mine did that too didn't realise that it said that on the bottom of it, cuz i am no. 127 oh well just more sun cream ice cream and hot dogs :)

Tony

Guest shorty

Hi I do not have a number does that mean I will not be able to park at high stanners.I have been up there today to see how to get in and it looks like you have to go in via the Sun inn.Chris will I be able to come. Artie

Hi Artie

don't worry.....

I've booked 5 places for us.

We didn't have numbers last year and we had no problems

Tony as the local can you confirm the meeting place and time

see you there!!

cheers

C

Guest sritony

All the details are:

ne61 6ed for sat nav users

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=cramlingt...1.66808:16|ne61 6ed|NE61 6ED

Please note that the map has not been updated since they have modernised the A1 and have now put a slip road in.

for people who like the map

55° 7'32.67"N 1°40'18.65"W

google earth people

Place is called Stannington Station big service station for petrol, pop and plenty of parking!

And finally the directions!

Once you're on A1 you will pass the Cramlington Turn off, next you will see Stannington on your left hand side just after stannington depart the A1 , as soon as you come off A1 there is a roundabout go right and you will go under A1 straight over the next one and follow the road around and you will see service station on your right! and from what I can see the road has no name!

Meet there at 10:00-10:30 am, bit of chit chat etc and then head down to Morpeth

Hopefully the weather is good!

Morpeth Weather Forcast - Showers Possibly Heavy - Bring a Brolly

Southern Rendezvous - A1M Birtley Services Northbound Car Park - 9.30am

Chris Paddon - Blue 2B+

Steve Knaggs - Red S7

Steve Cochrane - Red Super Spec

Steve's Mate - ?

Soon as we are all ready blast off north to meet Northumberland Lads then on to High Stanners Morpeth.

Steve