Tin Top Insurance

Guest sritony

Guest sritony

Rant start *****I got my renewal quote for my tin top though other day the total was £560.05 last year so i was expecting maybe with been another year wiser and another year no claims and also my accident dropping off from 4 years ago i was expecting maybe £400-£450 type of range.

The renewal price is ................ £548.23... £11.82 diff I mean thats not even a quid a month. I am currently with roland smith. So i asked the lad whats cheapest you can do, and answer was well unless you provide evidence there is nothing we can do, so a bit annoyed (loyety counts for nothing in this game) i shop around the company that quotes you happy £1,330 I mean come on, done a few more sites but at end of day I am beating the montly cost which by the odd penny or pound but not much at all. Most companys give you decent prem but then wack on 29% APR how do they get away with doing credit checks and then charging you more than most dodgy credit cards..........if you wanna pay monthly when interest rates are so low you would expect this would come down too, and thats more than my credit card I might as well put it on that!. So sent Roland Smith my new quotes and they dropped it to £520.28 thats £43.40 a month.... More Than are cheapest at £42.99 but I feel for sake of 41p I might as well not go through the hassle, last year I beat it by £15 a month, and year before that £20 a month so 41p a month ain't exactly life changing****** rant finished.

Is anyone else finding this issue or just me haha?

Guest TerryBarry

I've been told that the first car insurance broker was one Richard Turpin :rolleyes:

You don't give any details - your age, type of car,etc.

They are great for coming up with little excuses for increasing your premium

You'd think that the premium would go down as the car gets older and therefore lower in value - Don't you believe it ;)

Have you tried Tesco ?? - mind you monthly payments don't help.

Guest sritony
I've been told that the first car insurance broker was one Richard Turpin :rolleyes:

You don't give any details - your age, type of car,etc.

They are great for coming up with little excuses for increasing your premium

You'd think that the premium would go down as the car gets older and therefore lower in value - Don't you believe it ;)

Have you tried Tesco ?? - mind you monthly payments don't help.

yeah my cars a 04 vectra 2.2 and been replaced by insigna and considering its got 75000 miles its worth about 3000 where as last year it had 65000 and had no replacment so yes you would think it would go down.

tried tesco was really expensive, but first car insurance(i think it was) came up on something I looked out confused.com, maybe its the credit crunch causing expensive premiems! <_<

So your existing insurers quoted you a price, told you they couldn't drop it and then did when it looked like you might take your business elsewhere?

Realistically then they've quoted you a price that's what they thought they could get away with rather than the best price they could provide. After an attempted con like that I'd be walking even if it cost me a few quid more. I'd also make damn sure they knew they weren't getting my business because of this practice.

Have a look at moneysavingexpert.com - they have a guide on which order to use the screen-scrapers (confused, supermarket, etc.). The idea is that you cover the maximum number of companies in the minimum time. After that it gets to a case of letting your fingers do the walking and phoning the rest. It's unusual not to be able to beat your renewal.

And NEVER do it monthly. The rates have always been shocking. Pay it on your existing card and clear it as soon as you can afford if you can't pay it up front. Failing that pay it with an existing card and apply for one with a free balance transfer deal - pay it off with the transfer and it's then interest free so long as you repay within the deal period (but make sure you do because they tend to jump to shocking rates afterwards too).

Iain

Guest sritony
So your existing insurers quoted you a price, told you they couldn't drop it and then did when it looked like you might take your business elsewhere?

Realistically then they've quoted you a price that's what they thought they could get away with rather than the best price they could provide. After an attempted con like that I'd be walking even if it cost me a few quid more. I'd also make damn sure they knew they weren't getting my business because of this practice.

Have a look at moneysavingexpert.com - they have a guide on which order to use the screen-scrapers (confused, supermarket, etc.). The idea is that you cover the maximum number of companies in the minimum time. After that it gets to a case of letting your fingers do the walking and phoning the rest. It's unusual not to be able to beat your renewal.

And NEVER do it monthly. The rates have always been shocking. Pay it on your existing card and clear it as soon as you can afford if you can't pay it up front. Failing that pay it with an existing card and apply for one with a free balance transfer deal - pay it off with the transfer and it's then interest free so long as you repay within the deal period (but make sure you do because they tend to jump to shocking rates afterwards too).

Iain

Thanks :) Yeah I am leaving Roland Smith, because it did annoy me yest and thats with no protection and curtosy car only if you take it to a qualifyed dealer, so basically they would no budge even when I did ask and then only when I got comparable quotes I got told they would drop it by 20 quid a year and slagged off swift cover for a bit when i said they could do 420!

More Than give you a car in 2 hours and pay up to 250 for a hotel if your stuck somewhere, and protected no claims all for 2 quid a month cheaper lol..... for my kit car ins its only 300 i think it was with my gf on so thats not bad at all, but with Adrian Flux but have heard a few negative things about them so going somewhere else when thats up to.