Dampertech Or Rsjigtec

Guest jetskijase

Guest jetskijase

Hi All

Have we all had enough beer or we thirsty for more :D :D

I'm going to upgrade my shocks all round from the zeemerides as i'm an fb and so's the old man and mates.

I've emailed both companys and got good respones back

Any views on either company, mainly which shocks do they use, I think dampertech use gaz, what about rsjigtec??

Any help will be great

Cheers chaps

Jase

:huh: not sure what shocks they use but out of all the companys i contacted to do work for me bob at rs jigtec was the best and the cheepest

ps im having a hell of allot of work done by them at the moment

so mention my name and the club you should get a discount

any daniels B)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jwaterman

I too have gone through this loop hole about 8 months ago. I rang Dave at dampertech who was very helpfull, he suggested i speak to RSjigtec re the rear conversion kit and shocks, he could supply me some for the front. Dave said that Bob at RSjigtec uses his Gaz Shocks anyway so he wasn't missing. He recommended 350lbs springs for the front. Dampertech charged £65 per spring and Steel shocker. Dave even fitted different length bushes for the different mounts, These arrived very quickly after the order was placed.

I wanted to change the rear coilovers with some slightly softer springs, Bob at RSjigtec recommended 280lbs for the rear as well as their 2B rear conversion kit they made. This conversion used a small Mcphersion struct style shock which was mounted to a steel extension piece, this had a shoulder that goes up against the end of the rollover bar tube of the exsisting mounting, this eliminates the shear load on the RH coilover mount bolt. The whole kit came to £280.

Once this was fitted to the car the handling changed dramatically. There was no bottoming out, the car felt as its on rails when going around courners and the when i bounced the rear it felt 100% better it was very firm.

I would high recommend GAZ shocks they are even british made too! Dampertech and RSjigtec were very helpfull. The rear conversion kit is by far a system than RH's,

Hope this helps

John.