Advice Needed Before The Sva

Guest Jim Carden

Guest Jim Carden

I think I must hold the record for the longest Robin Hood build in history. I've been building a 2B since 2003.

But I've now reached the point where most of it seems to work and I can't find any more excuses for not putting it in for an SVA test. But I'm still not very confident in it so is there anyone in the Edinburgh area who would fancy having a quick look at it before I have the courage to take it to Glasgow for the test?

I think I must hold the record for the longest Robin Hood build in history. I've been building a 2B since 2003.

But I've now reached the point where most of it seems to work and I can't find any more excuses for not putting it in for an SVA test. But I'm still not very confident in it so is there anyone in the Edinburgh area who would fancy having a quick look at it before I have the courage to take it to Glasgow for the test?

i think you will find the boat has left port .

the sva has finnished and iva has taken over .

hovever i dont think any iva dates are at the mo being given as the regs are not finalised .

there are some changes proposed and these will affect the state of the car to be tested .

as the rules i believe are not finilised, thefore as yet the test canott be booked .

inmho .

mayby sit tight till the regs are announced .

graham

Joined 2003

1 post

where have you been?

SVA has gone

IVA is in

there are few things that are different such as sound limit reduced to 95db from 101db so the Robin Hood supplied silencer will need a decible insert fitted or a lot of wire wool pan scourers stuffed in, even with decible insert my exhaust went to 96db.

rear fog light must be E marked

All switches must have correct euro symbols and column switches must be correctly marked for function.

Its well worth a look at the IVA manual to get a feel for what has changed.

Did you not know that big changes were proposed over a year ago because of new European regulations, i suppose you did not otherwise you would have done a big push to get tested by 30th April, never mind you are so close to finishing but sound like you need people to come and point out areas that may not be complient.

Get reaserching

Get posting questions

and get some photographs on here for us to look at.

Jim - drop me a PM and I'll drop round

As the others have said it looks like it will be IVA which nobody has been through yet....

The last couple of cars I looked over both passed 1st time at Glasgow :D

Neil

Guest scotlad

Hi Jim

I can pop round if you like- gives me an excuse for a run in my 2B- Let me know when is convenient and maybe Neil can pop along at same time? Would be nice to see his car again and to thank him for his help in getting mine finished- many good ideas on his car that i've erm copied! :blush: :D