Is This A Record? Can Or Have You Beaten It?

Guest buzzmason

Guest docter fox

I set off from York one lunch time... 600 miles later we spent the night in Le Mans :D

I also did over 7,000 miles round europe ranging from Newcastle to Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, France, Monaco, Spain and Finally the south coast of Portugal before heading back to England! Admittedly that did take the best part of a month but definitely a trip to remember in the MG!

In 1971 i came home on 2 weeks sick leave with broken ribs from Denmark, on monday i bought a Lotus 7 S4 in kit form , it arrived on Friday built by Wednesday , post build check Thursday , Taxed and regestered on Friday , booked Harwich ferry for Sunday arrived Esberg Monday morning and back to work for 8o'clock , 4 weeks later nice drive down to Rotterdam in the rain 2 up with luggage (brief cases only as cases went by train ), 4 weeks later a blast down to Stuttgart and back to Bonn , all was well tested by this time as the 1600cc Twin cam never missed a beat and stuck to the road like a cow pat.

Total cost of car was £1600, including ally wheels, c/r gearbox , heater etc.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonathan Tall

Entire M45, 8 miles in 3mins 20 secs (Some time ago and NOT in a Hood.....).

Honest M'lud, I must have been dreaming, or boasting in the pub, someone else must've hacked my account and posted this on my behalf...

I have driven 120 miles in the pouring rain with only a sheet of polyethylene for a roof, with my (then) girlfriend in the passenger seat..

Guest Alasdair

And then (as I recall, maybe) on one of the aforementioned trips to the training school I was crusing at an indicated 110 (very smooth on that bike) up the M6, no traffic at all on a Sunday afternoon, when I was surprised to see in the mirror a Rover V8 police car. I have no idea how long he was there. I pulled over to the centre lane and slowed to a respectfull 90 and he cruised past on his way. When he had cleared the area I carried on...