Fuel Pump For 205 Block

chris27

Hi Guys& Gals

I have a little problem with my fuel pump....

I aquired a 2.0 efi donor and have converted the engine to a weber twin choke carb.

I have fitted the standard fuel pump , however in fitting I noticed that the shaft on the pump seems too short to connect with the push rod to make it work.

Do I need a different pump ? is an electric one the solution and if it is which one will do the Job?

I've seen a couple in the vehicle wiring products catalogue , however I don't know if they are suitable

Any advice will be great

cheers

Chris :unsure:

hello Chris.

I changed my engine over to an Injection from an 1985 carb version.

I just removed the pump from the old engine plus the shaft and fitted them to the Injection engine all works well.

Guest jwaterman

Chris

I did the same too. I had a old carb block, i transfered the bits over to a injection block. The bits i used from the old block were:- 1 fuel pump, 1 tuffnol spacer (about 8mm thick i think)2x gaskets (which i replaced) and a 1x cam follower rod, This is what the fuel pump plunger is operated by. The cam follower rod is operated by a cam on the distributor drive shaft. I needed to clear the hole where this cam follower rod was to go as it was full of carbonised oil deposits. Works well. But from my experience with using second fuel pumps i would fit a new pump as a matter of cause.

What seemed to be a good second hand pump let us down out side of Tiger racing garage in thorney toll early sun am on way to last years Stonleigh show. As luck would have it i found a old usable pump lying on the ground by the rubbish heap outside of the Tiger Garage.

Any hope this helps

John.