Gbs Zero For Sale On Piston Heads

Guest phil howard

Guest scrabster

i would like to see the nosecone fitted with the rad mounted almost vertical,no way would mine fit, it lies flat on the top cross member.

jess.

Guest Larson250
i would like to see the nosecone fitted with the rad mounted almost vertical,no way would mine fit, it lies flat on the top cross member.

jess.

Jess mine is at an angle (slightly more) and fits fine although it's a Cortina radiator, which I modded the mounting brackets.

Dean

Guest scrabster
Jess mine is at an angle (slightly more) and fits fine although it's a Cortina radiator, which I modded the mounting brackets.

Dean

hi dean,mine was mouned the same when i first built the car but on richards (gbs) advice was to mount it flat and duct the air flow through the rad.it has helped a lot but i would still prefer it upright.the only way is to have a smaller thicker one made.i still have probs with water spitting out the overflow tube under the rad cap.people tell me its normal on a pinto but mine spits the water right out the catch bottle.not every time though.

regards jess.

Guest scrabster

hi,i had the rad at a slight angle when i first fitted it but when i tried the nosecone it touched the rad,dry fit bonnet and it wouldnt reach the lip on the nosecone.first thought was the bonnet was to short,phone call to gbs said its not possible to be short.only fix was to mount rad flat with slimmer fan from gbs.

jess.