Getting Hot

Guest DROID

Guest DROID

Hi,

Last time I was out in my car my catch tank erupted blowing lovely brown water all over my engine bay. I was considering fitting an expansion system but sure how to plum in and if it's any better than what I've got. Then I thought about an in-line system for the fan which is manual at the moment. And looking at the CBS site and they do a nice in-line temp sender housing which they will tap for a fan switch and bleed hose. My question is if I go down the Nissan Primera route for the thermostat, what fan switch range should I go? How close should it be to the opening of the thermostat????

All help is always appreciated............Andy

Guest DROID

Hi,

Think I know what is needed now. I want to wire the fan as per NW build tips but not sure what size of relay to use?? Anyone know this????

Guest DROID

Hi,

Think I know what is needed now. I want to wire the fan as per NW build tips but not sure what size of relay to use?? Anyone know this????

Andy

Guest andrewbricknell

Hi

I fitted my rad in the nose with an electric but was not happy with the result, in fact it was better in board in the original position. The temp just yo yo's all the time with the fan on and off all the time. If I am stopped the fan comes on and stays on for 3-4 mins it takes alot of juice from the battery and there is not enough to start the car whilst the fan is running!

The angle of the rad does not help I guess and I'm sure the spaces around it need to to be blocked to make the air go through the rad.

It's all abit of a hastle to me so I'm going to try it back in the original position for now.

By the way I bought an adjustable fan switch with its own built in relay from Car builder solutions.

Guest DROID

Cheers, I've got a new thermostat coming from Burtons, oening at 82 degress and I've have just ordered an in-line hose adaptor and fan switch from CBS. The fan should come on at 87 degress and off at 82. My radiator is fitted as per video but I've made a cowel for it to give better air flow. I'll let you know the result once fitted and wired up. Have you seen the wiring diagram on NW site, this should help with the fan staying on once the engine is swithced off..

Andy