Building At Last!

Guest Chris9020

Guest Chris9020

:hi:

Hallo everybody.

I'm new here and it's nice to see that there is a forum for these cars.

Sounds unbelieveable but after 14 years lying in various lockups and cellars,I have actually managed to start building!

Ordered in summer 94 and after several delays I finally got the kit in January 95.

I don't think I will ever forget that freezing day in January.There were about 100 people there in the morning,waiting,and waiting and suffering. Skitz,the dog was having fun though:-)

Being based in Austria,I wanted a left hand drive,fully welded stainless steel kit. After months of persuasion,it was finally agreed that they would oblige and make one for me. I didn't,and still don't really understand why it was so difficult but,ok,that was then.

I am building this using an engine and box from an Excel and have one major problem.I need an extension for the gear lever as the excel box is about 6 inches shorter. Does anybody know of someone that makes this kind of extension?

The second problem is the camber angle on the rear wheels.Maybe there is someone making wedges to sort this out?

Apart from that,and the several 'bits of metal supplied',it seems to be going together quite nicely.

I am going to have fun getting this registered but,I suppose that is half the challenge?

Regards to You all

Chris.

hi chris and welcome

re the box do you have more info as to what it is ? ie type 9 or mt75.

there are extentions for the type 9 but i dont think for the mt75.

graham