Just Ordered My Zero Kit.........

Shaft

Hi to all, just thought i'd tell everyone that i've just ordered my Zero Plus kit whilst at the Stafford show!!!!!! :lol: :yahoo: :lol:

So, new build starting soon, just need to find a 2l pinto EFi Sierra now. Any help in my search massively appreciated. Non driver no problem as i have a car trailer. :help:

Regards to all and look forward to getting to know some of you. ;)

Nick (aka... Shaft)

Guest oddsocks
Hi to all, just thought i'd tell everyone that i've just ordered my Zero Plus kit whilst at the Stafford show!!!!!! :lol: :yahoo: :lol:

So, new build starting soon, just need to find a 2l pinto EFi Sierra now. Any help in my search massively appreciated. Non driver no problem as i have a car trailer. :help:

Regards to all and look forward to getting to know some of you. ;)

Nick (aka... Shaft)

Welcome to the mad house nick. I was at stafford show as well, congrats on your purchase. I've had my zero about 3 weeks so im new to it all as well. Its a brilliant site so just ask the questions no matter how stupid (believe me on this!) that it will get answered.

What kit did you get-plus??? did you get a zetec engine??

Jamie

Welcome to the mad house nick. I was at stafford show as well, congrats on your purchase. I've had my zero about 3 weeks so im new to it all as well. Its a brilliant site so just ask the questions no matter how stupid (believe me on this!) that it will get answered.

What kit did you get-plus??? did you get a zetec engine??

Jamie

Hi Yanto, yes mate, ordered the plus kit. Daft not too really with all the stuff you get that you NEED. lol

Going to go with the Pinto for starters, then post IVA............... who knows.

Nick.

Welcome :clapping:

The best thing you can do now is become a full member :ph34r:

Hi Smartfazer, i was chatting to some RHoCAR members yesterday. I would of liked to of joined there and then, but i literally had a fiver left in my wallet after paying the deposit on the zero. :db:

How do i join from my armchair so to speak?? because the responses and friendliness on here are very impressive.

Cheers, Nick (AKA... Shaft)

Hi Shaft

(and Yanto - sorry mate I was sidetracked by some apparently vital house DIY fascia board painting when I first saw you on here and then didn't get round to welcoming you),

I started a Zero plus a couple of months back now and can verify that this is a cracking site and no matter what your problem somebody will have seen it before.

If you don't manage to get the answer you need off here, then you will soon find out that there is always the comprehensive build manual to refer to as well ;) ask Richard or Ian about it when you collect the kit! I have found it to be a constant crutch!

Top tips from my experiences so far:

1. Take your time - measure three times and then cut once - in fact better still go and have a brew then come back to it again before you cut!

2. Get yourself down to a local sheet metal work/fabricators and blag some small bits of scrap sheet steel - you will find that these are ideal for all the odd brackets and little mods you will think of as time goes by - and if they come out of the scrap off cuts bin, they are generally cheap/free. :D

3. Buy nuts bolts and washers - bucket loads of mixed ones from somewhere like Tifosi, Mr Fastener, Namrick etc - you'll need them. (You don't get absolutely everything in the kit!)

4. Things do go to rat sh*t every now and then, it's the nature of kit building - take a deep breath and then ask on here and someone will help you out.

5. Try to end each session on a high - in line with 4 above, I find it helps to look for a 'shape change' every couple of weeks and that will keep you well motivated.

Above all, remember this is supposed to be your hobby and its fun!! :yahoo:

Best regards and welcome again.

Sharky

Hi Sharky, thanks for the welcome, really appreciated. I'm building my 1st kit car so this is all new, but i've built around 6 off road race motors (Landrover based) so not afraid of the spanners and welder. :D

The only thing that will be new to me will be the asthetic's of it all, lol, i think thats where i'll need the most guidance and pitfall bridges.

Where abouts in Sussex you from?? I'm from Rustington originally, been up here about 34 years though. still visit family though.

Shaft. :hi:

Hi Shaft

(and Yanto - sorry mate I was sidetracked by some apparently vital house DIY fascia board painting when I first saw you on here and then didn't get round to welcoming you),

I started a Zero plus a couple of months back now and can verify that this is a cracking site and no matter what your problem somebody will have seen it before.

If you don't manage to get the answer you need off here, then you will soon find out that there is always the comprehensive build manual to refer to as well ;) ask Richard or Ian about it when you collect the kit! I have found it to be a constant crutch!

Top tips from my experiences so far:

1. Take your time - measure three times and then cut once - in fact better still go and have a brew then come back to it again before you cut!

2. Get yourself down to a local sheet metal work/fabricators and blag some small bits of scrap sheet steel - you will find that these are ideal for all the odd brackets and little mods you will think of as time goes by - and if they come out of the scrap off cuts bin, they are generally cheap/free. :D

3. Buy nuts bolts and washers - bucket loads of mixed ones from somewhere like Tifosi, Mr Fastener, Namrick etc - you'll need them. (You don't get absolutely everything in the kit!)

4. Things do go to rat sh*t every now and then, it's the nature of kit building - take a deep breath and then ask on here and someone will help you out.

5. Try to end each session on a high - in line with 4 above, I find it helps to look for a 'shape change' every couple of weeks and that will keep you well motivated.

Above all, remember this is supposed to be your hobby and its fun!! :yahoo:

Best regards and welcome again.

Sharky

Guest mastarforth

congratulations shaft.

The zero is a superb car to build, much improved on previous models.

Like others have said I am sure any problems you may come up against someone else has lareday met and resolved them.

Hope you enjoy it, but even on those days when you are kicking walls, remember that the following day everything looks different and you can resolve issues that you could not the day before.

Andrew

Guest scrabster

hi and welcome.ive only been a member this year and not many zero builders were on the forum but there are quite a few now who will give no end of advice.so dont be scared to ask what might seem to be a daft question,i didnt :D

jess.

Guest boggybogstar

Welcome, as others have said - any questions just put on a post.

Theres a lot of us Zero owners with Blogs - check em out, but as Sharky has said, make sure you ask Richard and Ian for that comprehensive build manual, it's invaluable

Guest Larson250
Welcome, as others have said - any questions just put on a post.

Theres a lot of us Zero owners with Blogs - check em out, but as Sharky has said, make sure you ask Richard and Ian for that comprehensive build manual, it's invaluable

I feel you extract the urine Tony! :D

Dean

my build manual turned out to be a good mug stand to save getting tea stains on my work bench in the garage.so i feel it is an invaluable bit of kit. :D

jess.

LOL!! :crazy:

I heard a rumour that if i turn the build manual upside down and start reading from the back using a mirror in the dark....................

It helps?? :clapping: