Top Harness Mount

Guest thunder road

Guest thunder road

Hi guys,

With reference to the topic "seat belt bolts".I phoned Notts S.V.A last week about the top harness mounts,he said that if it was a tube welded to the chassis, the tube must have a wall thickness of at least 5mm. Mine being a 1999

2B only has 3mm.Solution to this I think is to make a threaded bush, drill the top chassis tube and weld said bush top & bottom.

Alan.

Guest mark kingston

:rolleyes: I too have an early 2B with the same setup.

I SVA'd mine about 2 and half years ago and was failed on this point. however i spoke to Richard at RHE on the technical line at that time as i had also been failed on a few other bits such as handbrake position being to far away from the driver.

The out come was that Richard advised i launch an appeal and he offered at that time to fund it.

When the SVA inspector was confronted with this news he reversed his dicision and passed the mounts without the batter of an eye lid......

Mind things may have changed a bit since then and it does not pay to wind up these inspectors too much as they can make life hell for you.

regards

Mark kingston ^_^

I to had a similar experience.

My 2b is from the first batch. At SVA the inspector said that the mounts would be a failure. Surely not I said this is the way they’re fitted at the factory and there have been several of these cars pass SVA with the same mounts.

The inspector then went and made a phone call (to his boss I guess).

He came back and said yes they will be fine.