Rear Suspension

Guest sps137

hi all,

i know this has been covered previously but i'm still a bit confused. I've just bought a 2nd hand 2b kit that had only had the rear diff mounted. the rear suspension is the rhe coilovers with the secondary internal spring. offering them up to the chassis there is no way they will fit with the rear suspension arms in place and i can only compress the outside spring an inch or so before the inner spring taskes over. have i built them up wrongly? i currently have the swivel joint on the bottom and the extender tube bolted directly onto the top spring cover with a big washer and then the 1" spacer collet sat inside this and all bolted down as tight as possible. i watched all four videos last week before i had the kit in my hands and dont remember seeing any thing specific to this, but it was a lot to take in.

cheers

simon

ooops, i've just caught the bit at the end of tape three where he tells you to remove 4" from the roll bar, hadn't watched that bit first time round as i thought it was all sva related.

Guest Andy Rathbone

never assume anything or leave it to chance, when you watched the videos did you make notes of each relatively distinct sections???? worth doing, it speeds up referencing later, if you cant be bothered or havent got time there are people out there with the index of the vids published on the web, you could print them off and add you own notes relevant to your car. or i can send you a copy of my index if you think it would help :unsure:

just tell me to shut up and go away if i'm preaching to the converted, when i come to do somthing i first check the vids to see if its covered :huh: if it is watch it carfully then the garage is warm enough to go out and do it redesigning it as i go to improve on the ingineus ideas.

Richard S, does take a bit of stick from time to time but he does have some genuinly F*ing good ideas too :wub:

if you think you can improve on an idea have a go in cardboard ( the mistakes are cheep and easy to correct, trust me ive made a few myself :ph34r: )

when you stop having fun stop building for a bit 5 to 10 mins to make a cuppa helps a suprising amount

oh yeh and join the club if you havent already, £15 buys you a lot of info that is not written down ;)

Guest mark kingston

B) a word of advise is to make sure you grease the springs where they come in contact with the shocks or they will squeak like a bedstead in a bridal suite.

mine did before i greased them and people hear you coming by the squeaking above the roar of the engine he he.

regards

mark kingston :rolleyes: