Rear Lights Dim When Cluch Is Depresed

Guest joenortheast

Guest joenortheast

Hi

I did not build my car so this has me a bit stumped. I had it out at night for the first time the other day and noticed my rear lights dim when the clutch is pressed. I cant think of any wiring that would be near the pedal. any ideas the car is an EXMO.

Joe

Check your main earth battery to chassis . chassis to engine etc as your clutch cable maybe acting as an earth path for some reason, a possible broken/dirty connection of the chassis to engine strap.

I assume that all your other lights are ok and not dimming also, if so this could be down to a loose fan belt or even an iffy alternator and or battery etc. when revs drop on de-clutching, HTH

Mike

Guest Christine

Hi

I did not build my car so this has me a bit stumped. I had it out at night for the first time the other day and noticed my rear lights dim when the clutch is pressed. I cant think of any wiring that would be near the pedal. any ideas the car is an EXMO.

Joe

Maybe worth checking the chassis to engine earth strap is fitted correctly that the conections are clean and tight. I once had a Landrover the the handbake got hot when starting the engine same problem the earth was grounding through the handbrake cable.

Good luck.

Garry