Fake Floor

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

ive got to make a fake floor in the boot of my zero, i cant just metal sheeting down on top of the chassis as some of the wiring loom gets in the way, to get round this im going to make some stands out of box section to raise the floor up about an inch, so i will attach these stands to the chassis, in a few places and then rest the floor on top of these stands. now for the floor i was having a look in the store at work today and i found some lovley 1/4" thick super strong see through plexiglass, i was thinking it would look great as the boot floor as you can still see down through the car and see the internals working, would this be acceptable for IVA ?

now for the floor i was having a look in the store at work today and i found some lovley 1/4" thick super strong see through plexiglass.

Hi

Plexiglass is NOT superstrong it's acrylic, polycarbonate, or at least PETG is what you need it will be ok just don't fasten within 1" of the edge and don't put anything that will stress it in there.

Like the idea should look cool :D

Steve

Guest mcramsay
Fit the floor first and then route the wiring properly. Why make things complicated, wiring and connectors like to be dry not dangling under the car.

for a start i have no wires dangling under the car, and there is nothing complicated in raising the floor up to avoid trapping any cables when putting things in the boot. the way i have routed the cables means i have plenty of room for fuel pipes and brake lines without them being anyware near the wiring loom.