Yet More Wiring Questions

Guest sps137

hi all,

i'm building a 2b with a 2ltr efi motor that i bought 2nd hand as an unfinshed project (in 4yrs he'd fitted the rear diff ). All the mechanics were meticulously removed from donor but he'd obviously got bored by the time he reached the loom and so just ripped it out without labelling anything. i'm quite happy to make up a new loom for all the general stuff..lights, console, starter motor etc but am a bit stumped by the injector boxes. the haynes manual doesn't even come close to matching colours and as i cant follow wires inside the boxes i'm a bit stuck. most of the main engine connectors are still in place and easily recognisable but i also seem to have a lot of redundent connectors, also the sub loom from the eec iv system seems to continue into the rest of the loom and i'm loathe to cut it off, are they just earths or something more essential. Does anyone have an accurate stand alone wiring diagram for the eec iv system. also what is the yellow box that bolts to the same plate as the eec iv, it has a printed circuit style flat connector with 14 inputs/outputs.also (sorry to go on) the wiring for the eec box seems to feed into a couple of 40a relays, surely the injectors/fuel pump dont require that much of a wack. any help very gratefully received

simon

how strange, despite using the search engine to look for all wiring refs on site before typing it didnt turn up the topic three below this one, apologies for repeating a lot of questions

simon

simon

im donig this secion of my build at the mo and your welcome to any of the knowledge (v small amount!) i have built up from several sources - thanks everyone

my engine is not ready for starting yet but fingers crossed

have you seek 'strippin loom and car loom site' threads started a while ago?

the engine loom is seperateish... theres two nine pin connectors (connected by red/blue thick wire) to seperate and past these theres two relays engine management and fuel pump

had to seperate the starter +ve i think wire from another part of the main loom

happy to chat anytime

hth

steve bloke

cheers steve,

i only read the other two posts after writing mine (teach me to look harder next time). I seem to have all the engine side of the loom removed now and am going to go for a vg loom for the rest. Still dont know what the yellow box does tho.

simon