Headlight Chromey Bits

Guest Mr Pid

My Headlight Chromey Bits where the sealed beam unit and all sits in - you all know wot i mean - are all yucky and rusty!! :o :gdit: :boohoo:

Anyone know where i can get some new fellas? and likely cost? Can you still get the from RHSC? :huh:

Any help much appreciated!

Stu :D

Guest Russler

I have fitted replacements which fit the same housing and so externally look exactly the same but use normal halogen bulbs. These are far better than the sealed beam variety as you can actually see where you are going, rather than the feint orange glow. I bought mine from my local motor factors for £37.50 and that includes the bulbs.

I am not sure whether this is what you mean but they are a good move anyway

i think that you mean the head light shells? Yes! well I would wait until you go to a show, there'll be a number of stalls that sell them then. Also the halogen conversions, you'll pick them up for £10 each at the shows.

Ahh yess - well your half right!

I agree that the original sealed beam units are completely useless and you are better off with a couple of candles up front! :p

I managed to get a set of halogen units from Europa but i wont tell you how much i paid as they were quite a bit cheaper. :rolleyes:

Now i have these lovely looking bright units, i need to renew the chrome housing's they sit in so it matches all the rest of the nice bright stainless of the car instead of the the dull brown they are at the moment! :o

Does anyone have the address of the lolocost site? i believe they are RHSC sister company and should be able to provide? maybe?

Cheers for that Bazwaz.

I did have a look and at forty five bucks a pair and considering they are, as Jim says, still the easy rust variety i am reluctant to part with my hard earned pocket money!! :boohoo:

I may have to resort to painting the little buggers - obviously not with hammer*bleep*e though! :p

Stu

PS -Tip to all others: - DONT POLISH THROUGH PROTECTIVE COVERING :o :huh: ;)

I put on a brand spanking new pair last august,the car is still

being built,and is kept in the garage,and the headlight shells are just starting

to pit. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Cheers Ian

Yeah thats how mine started, i mean fair enough they have been on the car which sits outside my house, in all weathers but is not yet finished and they have rusted really bad- i bit dismaying, but then all the bits the RHSC have supplied apart from the chassis and stainless panels seems to have rusted to uselessness! :boohoo: