Master Cylinder Piston Clevis Attachment

Guest jasonmorris

Guest jasonmorris

Building a zero with sierra brakes. Does anyone know the size of the clevis that goes on the threaded end of the bar that comes out of the master cylinder and then attaches to the pedal (hope i've described it correctly)?

I don't seem to have one in the kit, but Rally Design flog them with various threads.

Cheers,

Jason

Guest mcramsay

easyest bet is give GBSC a call and ask them to send you one as it wasnt in your kit, that will save arsing around trying to get the correct from some one else. at least if comes from GBSC it will be the right part.

The Sierra master doesn't have any threaded components that I'm aware of so I'm guessing you've got a different master with the kit. The thread will depend on who made it. I've got a pair of Girling items and the threads on the end of the pushrods are 5/16" UNF

Iain

Guest jasonmorris
The Sierra master doesn't have any threaded components that I'm aware of so I'm guessing you've got a different master with the kit. The thread will depend on who made it. I've got a pair of Girling items and the threads on the end of the pushrods are 5/16" UNF

Iain

Pair, pushrods???? Sorry to sound dumb but I thought there was only one pushrod that comes out of the cylinder and attaches to the pedal.

Jason

Hi,

A cylinder will only have 1 pushrod. You can have tandem cylinders, hence 2 pushrods, but that would be obvious.

I think Iain is merely saying he has qty 2??

With regard to the thread, most brake applications will be 8mm or 5/16th. The 5/16th thread is a finer pitch than the M8 so to check, get a known M8 bolt and hold it thread to thread with the pushrod. if it's different, i.e......... they don't mesh together nicely, it's 5/16th UNF.

I got my clevis from GBS. £7 for cash at the time.

HTH,

Nick

Pair, pushrods???? Sorry to sound dumb but I thought there was only one pushrod that comes out of the cylinder and attaches to the pedal.

Jason

Yes - sorry I'm using twin masters on a highly modified Sierra pedal box. I was only using them as an example for the thread size that you are likely to find if yours is also a Girling master. I'm guessing you must be using something similar as the Sierra master's pushrod attaches through the hole in the pedal with a plastic bush that looks sort of like a Polo-mint and a spring clip.

Iain