Anyone Know What These Are For?

Guest Botbuilder

Guest Botbuilder

Hi Guys & Gals

Does anyone know what these panels are for?? :unknw:

We have sorted out a lot of stuff but we are all baffled as to what these two panels are used for, any input welcome!

- :unsure:

Alan

post-4117-1269808006_thumb.jpg

Guest robinj66

i'm not sure but they could be the infill panels to cover the gaps at the rear. I made my own up but if they fit, use them

(PS I haven't forgotten about the build photos - getting on with it this week :huh: )

They are SVA rear infill panels for a 3 series. When the SVA manual came out it stated that seat belt mounts had to be triangulated. The rear seat belt picked up on a piece of angle under the top edge of the rear panel. The large hole is for the roll bar to go through and the small hole to line up with the seat belt bolt. Then you were supposed to run a line of bolts or rivets along the edge of the boot sides and rear panel tops. What aload of tosh, I just bolted a piece of tubing with flattened ends between the rear rollbar stay bolt and the rear shocker mount angle near to the main roll over bar. SVA man glanced at it and said it looked triangulated - PASS. And thats what they are FACT!!

Guest Botbuilder
Oooh, they look like trimble panels. They go between your sanfum shaft and the jarygren box. Just slide 'em straight in! Easy

:blink:

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw them Daz, but when I tried sliding them in the sanfum shaft sagged, the trimble plates wrinkled and the jarygren box simply fell on the missus's head as she was relaxing under the car trying to figure out how to feather the blades on the prop shaft.

:p

Guest The Modfather

:D :D :D :D :D :D LOL, you don't need idiots like me, do you! I knew someone would know thats why I put a funny in before someone gave the real answer :D :D :D :D

Glad you saw the funny side Al.

Ah, trimbles and sanfums, get's 'em every time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

White coat and cab for one please..................................... :crazy: 8P :crazy:

Guest Botbuilder
They are SVA rear infill panels for a 3 series. When the SVA manual came out it stated that seat belt mounts had to be triangulated. The rear seat belt picked up on a piece of angle under the top edge of the rear panel. The large hole is for the roll bar to go through and the small hole to line up with the seat belt bolt. Then you were supposed to run a line of bolts or rivets along the edge of the boot sides and rear panel tops. What aload of tosh, I just bolted a piece of tubing with flattened ends between the rear rollbar stay bolt and the rear shocker mount angle near to the main roll over bar. SVA man glanced at it and said it looked triangulated - PASS. And thats what they are FACT!!

Thanks Spanner Man, that makes sense.

Thanks for all your help guys!

:good:

Guest smartfazer
:D :D :D :D :D :D LOL, you don't need idiots like me, do you! I knew someone would know thats why I put a funny in before someone gave the real answer :D :D :D :D

Glad you saw the funny side Al.

Ah, trimbles and sanfums, get's 'em every time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

White coat and cab for one please..................................... :crazy: 8P :crazy:

Don't forget the "fuffer valve" :D :D :D

Steve