Engine Not Firing Up...

Guest eddie99

Guest eddie99

Hi Guys,

For once i've finally made some progress and i've wired up the engine loom into place temporarily. Fuel lines all in with fuel etc...

Got it turning over pretty easy and was very happy at this moment.

Then the fuel pump started making funny noises. Figured it must be not getting fuel. This continued for a bit after trying to lower the fuel pump. Then i unplugged the fuel line going into the engine and found out the hard way that fuel was getting there fine. Covered in petrol at this point.

And since it won't start but the fuel pump noises have gone away a bit.

My TPS isn't connected and i thought it would be fine without but obviously not.... Neither is air or water temps.

Not connected because they need a few adaptions.

Just about to post some pictures but i have 2 plugs for the throttle which dont go together.

Is this the reason it isn't starting or something else?

Once i get it running, i haven't plumbed in radiator or fan yet (next few days job) so can't run it for long but just wanted to hear the thing

Thanks in Advance

Ed

Guest richieu

Im sure someone with better knowledge then myself with be along soon but hopefully i can be a little help, im guessing since your talking TPS then were not talking carbs :D, do you get any noise out of it like its trying to fire ? if not i would take a spark plug out and see if your getting sparks, if you are getting sparks then, i would first connect up the tps as it helps give the car the right mixture my girlfriends car wouldnt idle at all without this working. if you do get a few noises your timing might be slightly out. hope this helps

Rich

Guest Tweedy

I suggest that you do not run it without coolant in.The temperature will rise very quickly and do some serious damage.A few seconds running won't tell you much.