Another Hood On The Road!

Guest ant.b

hi all

after phoning the dvla office 5 times to get an appointment date, out of them ,when i rang the fith time she said as they had been so busy she had processed my paperwork and tax was in the post,so no inspection needed :D ,got the tax yesterday and a G reg plate,so went to halfords for the plates and tax disc holder and fitted today, had time for a quick blast ,and was very impressed with the car ,so will give it a proper run out at the weekend and iron out any probs i find the should be all ready to go to stafford show! :D :D :D :D

cheers ant..

post-9-1077215021.jpg

Well done Ant. Hope to see you at the shows. Been out in mine for an hour today and visited a friend who used to own a Hood. I think he's regretted selling it ever since.

Barry.

hi nigel

the wipers do meet in the middle of screen and have a gap in between of 10ml and do not clash ,i did have to cut off about 20ml off each wiper arm and rebend at the end ,then reversed the passenger side gear so that they both start at base of screen and meet in middle,took a bit of time to get spot on , but once done works well,sva said it was good how they coverered most of the screen and passed it no probs , i saw this on steve loats site,so i got the idea off him (cheers steve) ant. :D

hi ant

all i can tell you about the wipers arms etc , i took them off a very old mini at my local scrap yard ,as for the wheel boxes i think someone said there are a few different types which can alter the sweep of the wipers :unsure: ,all i can do is post you a pic tomorrow , i will check them and see if they have a part number on them or not .i will be at stafford show on the sunday,so you could have a look then ! cheers ant

Mine are "standard mini spec" whatever that may be! The "standard" they sold me must be differnet to the "standard" on the mini you got them off.

Don't go to any trouble on the photo. I'm unlikely to change mine as I paid a fortune for replacement wheel boxes at the time so I don't really want to replace them. Just interested - that's all.

Cheers Ant

Ant