Tunnel Cover Trimming

Guest mkeats02

Guest mkeats02

Hi

I want to re-trim my tunnel, what is the best way to trim the tunnel cover and fit to the tunnel but with no visable screws?

What has everyone else done?

Cheers

Mike

Guest loopyonion

Trimmed the centre armrest area with a backing made from correx material, padded, leather cover over the lot.. and industrial velcro to hold it in place.

The panel is trimmed to fit nicely in between the edges of the top of the transmission tunnel, and the top edges have the knock on trim thats used for iva in abundance.

I have used velcro to hold all the removable panels in place on the car. ( for now :) )

Guest loopyonion

Guilty.. I should of bought shares in the stuff;)

I got my Velcro off eBay, in 10m rolls. There's a black and White multipack for 5.99 from the cable shack i think?

Best place to get strong Velcro?

Got mine from a 'needle work' type shop. Don't think it was anything special, but it is a couple of inches wide and I used it the full length of the tunnel and a piece the full width at the front (with a support made to fit across the tunnel tubes). With this large area of velcro, it doesn't move much!