Zero Accelerator

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I fitted the accelerator on my zero tonight along with the throttle cable... The way the pedal attaches leaves alot to be desired, if the bolt is too tight the pedal won't move, too loose and the pedal moves a bit, any one got any advice on this one? Also when I push and let go of the accelerator the spring on the jenvey linkage spring doesn't have the ooommphh to allow the throttle pedal to return home meaning the throole sticks, I'm thinking of mouting some kind of return spring on the throttle pedal to pull it back to it's resting position, anybone else had this problem?

Guest scrabster

hi, yes i fitted a return spring which hooks ontop of the pedal box then the lid holds the spring in place.as for the float on the pedal bolt i used a lock nut and found a happy medium with the pressure on the bolt,also riveted a small bit of ally angle to the side of the pedal box as a throttle stop so theres no undue pressure on the throttle body linkage at wot.i used a bike cable from halfords with a nice curved ally tube thingy that kept the cable pulling in a nice arc as its close to the bonnet.hth.

jess.