Rs2000

Guest steve775

Guest steve775

I've just fitted the engine from an RS2000 (mk6) in my Zero. I was supprised ow well it fits (better than the zetec).Even the inlet manifold and standard injection system can be used with a couple of bonnet modifications. The engine is based on the ford I4 block which was used in the sierra twin cam so mates to the gearbox well and dosent have the clutch problems that come with the zetec. I plan to run the engine in standard form as without the cat and with a good 4 branch manifold it should have around 165-170 bhp (150 bhp standard.

More info to follow .. and i'm sure plenty of questions , hope to have it all wired in and running soon, IVA still seems ages away.

Guest marsbar

As it took you half a day to take out the RS lump and 3 hours to have the engine in with new mounts fitted, I am sure that you could have it nearer IVA quicker than you think!!

Thanks for sorting out my Megajolt, it helps when you know what your doing with electrics.

There are a few guys in the Sierra Club that have used the head and injection system from the RS2K I4 lump but used the 2.3 bottom end from the Scorpio/Galaxy. Again since the 2.3 is an I4 like the Sierra DOHC the changes are absolutely minimal.

There are also numerous combinations of Scorpio/Sierra 2.0 and 2.3 engines kicking around. 8v heads and Sierra management running on 2.3 engines is a common one it seems as it's a simpler retro-fit into a Sierra with minimal changes required. There are also engines being built I believe with the Sierra 2.0 crank in a Scorpio 2.3 block (not sure which con-rods and pistons) givine a low compression 2.2 engine which is ripe for forced induction and can apparenty handle it easily as the components are all fairly seriously over engineered.

I did seriously consider this as an option for my SPD but have gone for BOA Cosworth power instead. The idea is still out there as a cheapish way of gettig towards the goal of 350+bhp whilst still being able to use the 4x4 system in the future

Iain

Iam putting a DOHC 8v from a sierra in my zero,with megajolt & fazer carbs & about 2 months from iva(hopefully)

do you get to the church mouse for the north east hoods meet, we could have a natter

Cheers Paul

post-3784-127488885892_thumb.jpg