Handbrake Switch

Guest Mr Pid

Does anyone know how the handbrake switch attaches to the main loom?

I have the handbrake form the donor with the switch still attched but no wire coming from it. I have the wire coming out of the loom about halfway down the tunnel but i must have cut it to remove it from the donor and there is no connector on the end of it. :huh:

I presume that the switch obviously works when the handbrake is open. ;)

Does this wire just simply attach onto one of the screws holding the switch in place? If so i can simply attach a ring connector and fix it on?

Please advise.

Cheers

Stu :D

Guest TerryBarry

The lead to the handbrake switch is brown/green and it has a female spade connector on the end - this connects to the spade terminal on the hand brake switch. When you put the handbrake on the switch 'makes' and earths the feed lighting the warning light on the instrument panel.

The brown/green wire goes to the low fluid switch on the master cylinder and the two switches work in parallel so if either 'makes' the light comes on.

There is a brown/yellow wire that goes from the low fluid switch to the warning light on the instrument panel.

Terry

Edited by TerryBarry

Guest Andy Rathbone

if you havent got a spade terminal you may need a new switch, they break realy easily. the switches are £6 from a dealer, i think they are a dealer part only too <_<