Mot

Guest oshiney2

Guest oshiney2

took my 2b for its mot today which was its first one since i bought the car its already been mot before the tester couldn't do a rolling road brake test because the log book did not have the weight on it the smoke test was a joke because the log book didn't have any info that the tester could go by the car was sva registered in 2005 but was on a f plate and the engine was from a xr3 i think 1993/95 ?? whicj i think was cat exempt anyway but he did not know anyway he passed it i think he got fed up trying to work it all out he asked me to look for the original sva certificate which for next yr would give him the info he needed i don't seem to have it can anyone help with any of these matters many thanks :diablo:

Guest peter2b2002

when I took my 2b for it's mot they used the reg letter for the year put a hose up the tail pipe for the co2 test ,then took it out on the road as it would not go over the rollers, one guy in the passenger seat with a device on the floor the other chap driving came back big smiles passed

peter2b

Guest Ian Maycock

I had the same problem with the brake test. Your car should weigh in at around 700 - 725KG. If you advise the MOT test centre of this they can test the braking efficiency accordingly.

Not sure about the emissions test for your engine though.

I had the same issue, the tester used the age of the reg '86 to decide emissions and tested for CO2.

Part of the test he just told the computer it had passed when he hadn't even done anything!

I was asked the weight of the car, i said 680-720 kgs and he adjusted the brake roller there and then.

Only the week before they had MOT'd a Tiger and had to do a similar thing.

Dave

Guest Ian & Carole

Just got back from having ours done.

Smoke test for emmisions and the good old decelerometer for the brakes, only difference was I drove the car and the tester set the meter up.

MOT No 8 straight through with no problems and only £19.99 :clapping: :clapping: well chuffed, just needs a polish for Newark now.