Anyone Know This Car? Built By The Chairmann?

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about THIS CAR? It says it was built by the chairman of the club and the seller doesn't know who but thinks he was based in warrington? Any info, advice or opinions appreciated as I plan to have a bid or 2 tomorrow... Thanks

Edited by docter fox

smells a bit fishy! Tim's old car was a monocoque one, and it's certainly not steve's car!

But then again, it could just be chinese whispers, with him being the 3rd owner.

I'm not sure you'ld appreciate the slimey pillocks james, or are you feeling open to new experiences?

Guest Stuartl

Call me old fashioned but anyone who uses 'words' like 'wot' in their ebay description make me immediately think 'IDIOT' and whatever they are selling becomes irrelavent as I wouldn't buy it anyway.

I have to correct the OP and say that the seller states that the car was built by the Charman, not the chairman. I have to say that for £15 a year I think having a club Charman is fantastic-Don't know how you do it for the money guys!!

Guest Daren.F

'Built by the chairman so he knows what he is doing' :yahoo:

Thats like American inteligence, two words that don't go together.

Sorry Tim :angel:

Guest docter fox

I hope it doesnt turn out to be too bad as I've just bought it and I'm picking it up this afternoon! Shame I can't make it to Newark because of work but I am hoping to get along to as much as I can!

I know it needs a bit of work doing to tidy it up and a few jobs doing over winter but I'VE GOT ANOTHER KITCAR! so I'm happy for now :)

Guest gixerboy600

I hope it doesnt turn out to be too bad as I've just bought it and I'm picking it up this afternoon! Shame I can't make it to Newark because of work but I am hoping to get along to as much as I can!

I know it needs a bit of work doing to tidy it up and a few jobs doing over winter but I'VE GOT ANOTHER KITCAR! so I'm happy for now :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

I know the feeling although I am still building mine, mind you coming along nicely though!

Good luck

John

Guest Hell on Wheels

We know, We know It was built by Roy Thomas in Norwich , He is a member of East Anglian kit cars. I am sure Piddy (Martin Pidd) will be able to either give you some more information or even give you contact details of Roy.

Helen

Guest docter fox

Yeh I might come along :)

I've had a good flick through the history and yes it was built by Roy Thomas and it looks like he made a very good job of it, the amount of work put in in clear through a few photo albums of the different stages of the build, including reconditioning all the main parts... It is very well put together but has become a bit tatty over the years so definitely more than enough to keep me busy tinkering. I paid £2,450 in the end which although I would have preferred less, thought it was a fair price given that although it does need some work to get it up to scratch, its well built and mechanically all ok with a full MOT :) Any information on it will be gratefully received. I've found piddys email so will send him a message.

Done a few miles in it today and it seems to be running a bit better the more miles I do (it's not been used very often) but it still needs setting up properly.

James (Still grinning)